Something that is devastating to the spiritual life is to always hold on to something.
"I do not have time!". There is a phrase one often hears. Perhaps this is one of the most spoken words coming from people in our country.
Now, many people have vacations and yet so this may be that these words are repeated. As for taking the time to spend time with God and build his spiritual life you have to make time for it.
Take time to read the following, then you can see how Satan's strategy might be to keep Christians constantly employed:
Satan recently called for a worldwide conference for the demons to capture the strong and growing Christian movement. In his opening address he said:
- We can not keep Christians away from going to church.
- We can not stop them from reading their Holy Bible and learn the truth.
- We can not even keep them from forming an intimate relationship with their Savior.
- But when they have a strong relationship with Jesus, our power over them broken.
- So let them go to their churches, let them take their communion, but steal their time, so they do not have the time to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ ...
- This is what I want you to do, the devil said.
- Distract them from spending time with his Savior, and employment them with other "important" tasks, all day long!
- How do we do this? shouted his demons.
- Keep them busy with non-essential things in life, and find the countless activities that maintains their minds, he said.
- Attract them to spend, spend, spend, and borrow, borrow, borrow.
- Persuade their wives to work full time and more, and men to work 6-7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day, so they can afford their empty lifestyles.
- Keep them away from spending time with their children.
- Because their families will then split up, so will their homes not to offer any rest from their hard work!
- Over stimulate their minds so they can not hear the still small voice.
- Entice them to play the radio, listen to MP3 or CD player while driving.
- Make sure the TV, VCR, CD player and their computers are constantly turned in their homes, and to ensure that every store and restaurant in the world continuously plays non-biblical music.
- This will block their minds and break their relationship with Christ.
- Fill the coffee tables with magazines and newspapers.
- Make their day with the news 24 hours a day.
- Fill their driving with the radio music.
- Let their mailboxes flooded with junk mail, mail order catalogs, sweepstakes and every kind of newsletter and promotional offers, free products, services and false hopes ...
- Produce skinny, beautiful models on TV and in newspapers so that their men will believe that outward beauty is what's important, so that they will become dissatisfied with their wives.
- Keep their wives too tired to love their men at night.
- If they do not give their men the love they need, they will start looking elsewhere.
- It will tear apart their families quickly!
- Let them return from their holidays exhausted.
- Keep them too busy to go out in nature and reflect on God's creation.
- Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, theater, concerts and movies instead.
- Keep them busy, busy, and busy!
- And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip and small talk so that they leave the meeting with troubled consciences.
- heaping their lives with so many good reasons, so they do not have time to seek power from Jesus.
- Soon they will be working in their own strength, sacrificing their health and family "for the good cause."
- It will work! It will work! It's a good plan!
This is a section from the book Time to wake up by Holger Nilsson. A book that we think all Christians should take note of. We now have an incredibly nice offer to buy 10 copies of this book f ear only 100: - + shipping 45 -! Buy home and share with your Christian friends! Insert 145: - on pg 36 64 81-0 we will send the books. Make an effort to wake up now - before it's too late!